Hey Horizon fans!

I’m about to go on a trip, and reading Horizon got me thinking -- if I was worried I was going to be left in the middle of the jungle, what would I make sure I packed? The kids were lucky to stumble upon those first aid kits, and to find some extra food and clothes -- not to mention the gravity device!

I usually travel with a backpack instead of a rolling suitcase -- definitely a better choice if you’re going to be wandering around a jungle! And I have a super lightweight water bottle that clips on so I don’t waste space inside of my bag. But the snacks I usually bring when traveling (candy, chips, gum) are not great for a trip… maybe some energy bars and dried fruit would be better?

What do you think? What would you pack if you knew you’d be flying on Horizon Flight 16?

Sarah

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Recent threads

Storystarter: Let's talk about [dragon] food /299406

HBD Spirit Animals Wildcat's Claw! /300170

Which Shadow House room would you hate to be trapped in? /298634

Most terrifying thing in Horizon? /299408

Check out Shadow House and Horizon! 

Err...A machete perhaps?

• Posted at:

DRAGON

With no good there is no evil,With no evil there is no good.

MINECRAFT RULES!

FOURM Snake

WARRIORS CATS!

DESTROYER OF MARY SUES

KING OF OPNESS,SNAKES,AND SPACE.                                                _

Star if u like snakes

Flip:Shattar

Energy Bars, a first aid kit, definitely an extra pair of glasses, tape (in case I have to tie something up), and certainly a journal and loads of pens. I'd go nuts if I didn't write stuff down, and work on my story. So I'd bring the printout of the 1st 3 chapters that I've already written, because my laptop would be useless in the HoriZone (that's what I call that place).

• Posted at:

Chai @^@

2010-2016 : 6 years as a Cahill

The Lord of the Books!

The Inventor of the Gavinometer!

King of the 39 Clues Fandom!

Horizoner, Greencloak, SQ, Madrigal, Amulet Keeper, Shadow House Special

Since the very start!

ChaiHam or ChaiJavi

instead of candy, chips, and gum... you could do trail mixes instead as well as the energy bars and dried fruit
  • Posted at:

Call Me Destiny, Mai, Meanie, Dune, or Mina

?WHO AM I REALLY?

A Warrior?

A Seeker?

A Fighter?

A Greencloak?

A Hero?

A Musician?

A Reader?

A Survivor?

A Challenger?

A Normal Girl?

A Human?

Turns out...

I'm all of them

And that's who I will always be...  

@dragondreamtime640, I don't think you could bring one in your carry on. And if it's in your checked luggage, you'd be down digging through luggage with Yoshi!

@analyzingwizard7, an extra set of glasses is so smart! I usually bring my glasses and extra contacts when I travel, but if the glasses broke I'd be in trouble before long!

@skyscraperarrow12, trail mix is an excellent idea! Except now I'm hungry, and still not packed for my trip...

• Posted at:

Recent threads

Storystarter: Let's talk about [dragon] food /299406

HBD Spirit Animals Wildcat's Claw! /300170

Which Shadow House room would you hate to be trapped in? /298634

Most terrifying thing in Horizon? /299408

Check out Shadow House and Horizon! 

Reasonable (could fit or in backpack): My pocket knife (maybe in checked bag, it couldn't get through security), matches, rope (or ball of yarn could work too), sketch book with pen, flashlight, trail mix, dried foods, couple of water bottles, duct tape, my mom's first aid kit (seriously, that thing has everything), compass, telescope, magnifying glass (could also work in place of matches), watch ... that's whats on my mind for now...

Unreasonable (could not fit or in checked bag): Compound bow, arrows, water filter, swords? (hee hee), 

I have gone into the wilderness plenty of times to have a mind list for basic stuff...

Also... how would you get some of this through airport security???

• Posted at:

~Wolfsparrow~

Rangers Apprentice

Wings of Fire

Spirit Animals

Demigod

HTTYD

Ravenclaw

Narnian

ENFJ

Animal Lover

"I've been thinking..."

"And here I am without a pen or paper to record this momentous event." -Rangers Apprentice

Here is my list. I have a big carry-on that is basically a backpack with a expendable handle and wheels, but you never said we could only bring what fits in our carry-on. As well as that I have a big rolling suitcase with extra clothes, swimsuits, goggles, spare sneakers, pajamas, sweaters, and plenty of extra space. And if they let Yoshi walk through there with a sword, I think they would let me bring some other dangerous stuff.

my water bottle with a screw-on cap and built-in filter. It gives me something to store water in and filters out the dirt, though I would still boil it

my hooded rainproof warm coat which I use as a pillow or blanket occasionally and can stretch out to gather moisture on it.

first aid kit.

a swiss army knife.

oil

whetstone

a copy of The Adventurer's Guide to the Outdoors, which includes information on what is edible, how to deal with injuries and illneses, how to set traps, what to do to avoid and deal with wild animal attacks, starting and maintaining fires,shelters, tools, pretty much every single necessary thing you can think of.

a rope

notebook for taking notes

mechanical pencil with replacement lead

eraser

duct tape

dried fruit

energy bars

flint and steel

strawberry seeds and potato eyes(I need sustainable food)

hatchet

one of those fishing poles you can take apart

my copies of every book in the wings of fire series

my physics book

a radio

dutch oven

canned fruit

glasses cleaning kit

sunhat

trail mix

mosquito net

bow and arrows. I'm a pretty good shot.

flashlight

extra batteries

compass

extra glasses

sleeping bag

solar-powered laptop with tons of games and survival files and digital books downloaded on its hard drive

• Posted at:

Wings of flame and Wings of storm

soon will return

the earth will shake

and the sky will churn

when Pyrhia will return

BonfireFlameWing

EmeraldeyesCrystalWing

Winterwatcher

Cleril

Turljou

Not all those who wander are lost

StormWing

No one is pure evil

Heheheh....

If I could choose whatever I wanted I'd probably take a bag that can fit an infinite amount of items and put in tons of food, plasma guns, etc.

But realistically: 2 long-sleeved shirts (to  protect from thorns and pecky birds)

A thick jacket(for warmth and protection from pecky birds)

My bike helmet(I don't want to damage my skull if I have an incident with one of those gravity devices)

5 packets of goldfish crackers

3 packs of trail mix

2 packets of pretzels

A first aid kit

A pocket knife-no, scratch that, it's not going to make it past security.

A pair of walkie-talkies

5 books- Darkness of DragonsOathbringerHeart of the Land, 98.6 Degrees(a survival book), and The Wildcat's Claw.

• Posted at:

CobraDragon 4373 

Call Me Darkforce

I am usually on Spirit Animals.

I am also a forum founder on the HoMB. Go check it out!

The Keeper

Dragon Rider

Jedi Knight

Knight Radiant

Wizard

AIRBAGS. LOTS AND LOTS OF AIRBAGS. 

• Posted at:

Isabel Koffmann