So the first book of Horizon took place in a jungle (also know as a place I would never survive – I am no good with heat or humidity!). Scott Westerfeld told us in his Q&A that the next book is set in the desert – still hot, but dry.

Seven books, seven environments. I don’t know what the next five books will hold, but there’s a whole world of excitement out there. What kind of environment do you think you are most equipped to survive? The arctic ice? Mountain tops? The ocean floor? Tell us why below!

• Posted at:

Please tell us why you'd like to report this post

Recent threads

Storystarter: Let's talk about [dragon] food /299406

HBD Spirit Animals Wildcat's Claw! /300170

Which Shadow House room would you hate to be trapped in? /298634

Most terrifying thing in Horizon? /299408

Check out Shadow House and Horizon! 

I would say the desert.

I once tried underwater walking, but couldn't because I felt claustrophobic. On the mountains I'd feel.a bit uneasy. In the ice, I'd catch a cold, which would annoy me a lot because of my sneezing.

This is because I don't feel thirsty as much as others. Hungry, yeah, but not thirsty. So I can conserve my water supply for a longer time than others. And I am comfortable in my shoes, can walk longer. Slower, but longer. And I have loads of paitence. If I had my helmet, even better! I could withstand the harsh winds where the sand particles itch our eyes.

• Posted at:

Chai @^@

2010-2016 : 6 years as a Cahill

The Lord of the Books!

The Inventor of the Gavinometer!

King of the 39 Clues Fandom!

Horizoner, Greencloak, SQ, Madrigal, Amulet Keeper, Shadow House Special

Since the very start!

ChaiHam or ChaiJavi

I would say the desert.

I once tried underwater walking, but couldn't because I felt claustrophobic. On the mountains I'd feel.a bit uneasy. In the ice, I'd catch a cold, which would annoy me a lot because of my sneezing.

This is because I don't feel thirsty as much as others. Hungry, yeah, but not thirsty. So I can conserve my water supply for a longer time than others. And I am comfortable in my shoes, can walk longer. Slower, but longer. And I have loads of paitence. If I had my helmet, even better! I could withstand the harsh winds where the sand particles itch our eyes.

• Posted at:

Chai @^@

2010-2016 : 6 years as a Cahill

The Lord of the Books!

The Inventor of the Gavinometer!

King of the 39 Clues Fandom!

Horizoner, Greencloak, SQ, Madrigal, Amulet Keeper, Shadow House Special

Since the very start!

ChaiHam or ChaiJavi

I think I am best in the lower slopes of a mountain environment because I live in MT so lots of mountains all over

• Posted at:

{ZIA}

who am I

I am a warrior

I am an enchanter

I am a grey wolf 

I am a demigod child of eris

I am a shape shifter

I am the host of nephthys 

I am slytherin  

#DUSK *~·

Hmm... I'd say the arctic. I cannot stand being hot or thirsty. When you're thirsty, it's so easy to blackout and you have a migraine and your tongue is all swollen and covered in inflamed tastebuds and its just ugh....

I'm okay with cold, and there will be a lot less dangerous animals in the arctic, because polar bears are endangered, I think. I can meet up with the eskimos and inuits and plan from there. (I havem't read Horizon yet so... just going off of my prior knowledge ^^;) Food might be sparse, but that's only if you don't know where to find it. Plus, I'm extremely light weight. My sister is half my age but I'm only 20 pounds heavier than her. I can deal with hunger very well- I'm usually only hungry for about 5-10 minutes of absolute torment, but then it seems the hunger pain just goes away. Or if I drink some water that also makes the pain go away... and since snow is water.... We're good X3 I also have a few survival skills. From gaming. Anyone heard of the Long Dark? I'd say that is an extremely accurate depiction of life in the northern canadian wilderness, and canada gets very cold. Not as cold as the Arctic, but it's experience nonetheless. 

• Posted at:

-Joy/Aloebre.exe

Books are like flypaper, memories cling to the printed pages better than anything else.

"Stories never really end, even if the books pretend they do. They don't end on the last page, anymore than they begin."

You all are way more prepared than I am!! I hate being hot but I'm not a fan of being cold either... I think I'd have to go somewhere temperate. 

• Posted at:

Recent threads

I agree with you . Strong topic you have there.

• Posted at:

I would be best to survive mountain tops or arctic ice because I live in the arctic. I have gone mountain climbing before, but I know how to survive the winters in the arctic so that would be for me.

Also, prediction for eviornments:

Jungle, Desert, Arctic, Swamp (Watery place), Steep mountains and canyons, Electronic paradise? ...

• Posted at:

~Wolfsparrow~

Rangers Apprentice

Wings of Fire

Spirit Animals

Demigod

HTTYD

Ravenclaw

Narnian

ENFJ

Animal Lover

"I've been thinking..."

"And here I am without a pen or paper to record this momentous event." -Rangers Apprentice

i think mountain tops because in the ocean floor  i cant breath under  water and in the  arctic ice i would catch a cold so mountain tops 

• Posted at:

Wolfsparrow, that's so neat that you live in the arctic! And pinkflash, you make excellent points. I would not do well in the ocean either, I'm not a great swimmer (and I definitely can't breathe under water!).

• Posted at:

Recent threads

Hmm...

Mountain tops, jungle and forests are my favorite

i can't survive the desert otherwise i'll faint easily

• Posted at:

Call Me Destiny, Mai, Meanie, Dune, or Mina

?WHO AM I REALLY?

A Warrior?

A Seeker?

A Fighter?

A Greencloak?

A Hero?

A Musician?

A Reader?

A Survivor?

A Challenger?

A Normal Girl?

A Human?

Turns out...

I'm all of them

And that's who I will always be...  

With the right equipment, I could probably survive anything except the desert. I prefer cold to hot- you can always bundle up more if you're cold, but there's only so much you can take off if it's hot.

• Posted at:

Constellation

Your friendly neighborhood starlight princess!

Gang: Me|Snow|Sea|Tigress|Sun|Hur|Med|Whisper|Buddy|Oat

I like dogs, cats, reading, music, and pandas.

I think I'd find a way to survive in any climate, but I am most knowledgeable in the woods or forest.  

• Posted at: